Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Perks of being 22

I'm 5 months shy away from leaving 22 and I just wanna share the thoughts that I have today. Time is indeed uncontrollable. 

1. The sweet taste of independence and at the same time being more responsible for every action I make. I've always been independent ever since I can remember. I don't like the idea of bothering people with the things I know I'm responsible for even back when I was still studying.  Though I like clingy parents, but I definitely love how my parents brought me up. I like how my parents made me and my kuya feel like we're adults already even when we're only teens back then. I think that shaped us up and made us responsible in every action that we make. And I hope people can see that now. I hope so. 

2. Making friends and meeting different kinds of people from all walks of life. I've always love to meet and make friends with people whether at work, church or even in a different place where I haven't been before. I love it when I get to know someone and sit down and just talk about everything and have a good laugh! But you might think that I'm the kind of person who talks to anybody she meets but no. I'm a actually a mix everything. I'm everything bubbly but I still have an ounce of shyness and intimidation from time to time.

3. Earning,  Spending and Saving--my own money. I already stopped asking money from my parents and that's an achievement for me! Yay! I've always wanted to be someone who's in control of what I have so working was the next step I made after graduation. Though I haven't practiced my profession just yet, still, I'm happy and contented with what I'm doing right now. They always say that I'm the kuripot one! I don't think so! hehe. I just don't like the idea of going to bed and asking myself where did my money go? Where did I spend it? What did I do to it? You know stuff like that. Even when I'm still studying, people used to borrow money from me cause they know I have some well-kept money under my drawer. Just sayin'! And I can even go shopping even when all I have is the money from my weekly allowance! :) 

4. Traveling--alone! I've always said here in my blog that I wanna travel and see what's out there outside my comfort zone. And since I'm past the legal age already, I thought that It'll be fun to go out of town alone. When I had the chance, I immediately grabbed it and never looked back with hesitation. The feeling was surreal! I'm like a kid jumping up and down inside my head! I kept on asking myself, "Is this really happening?", "Am I really on a plane on my own?" I spent six days away from my parents, away from my cozy bed and annoying brothers, away from my comfort zone. Just me with friends in tow. Can that be any cooler or what? 

5. Learning is a continuous process. At least that's what our teachers told us. And I've come to prove that to be absolutely factual. I learned a lot about myself at 22. That I'm pikon and judgmental at times. That I'm very sensitive and assumes a lot.  That other people's opinion matters to me. And that I still am not ready yet for love. Hehe! Talagang sinama ang love life??? Just sayin. So there... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment