Monday, December 3, 2012

Coron Trip Day 1

Day 1:
Our flight was at 1:50 pm and we were at the Domestic Airport by 11:00 am. Me, kuya and mama were the first ones who arrived. We waited for a few minutes then Vina, my best friend arrived around 12:00 pm. My kuya and I got hungry, we didn't ate lunch before we went there so we decided to grab something at the convenience store at the airport. I had spicy hot dog sandwich and donut sticks with chocolate dip while kuya had siopao.
The teachers were running a bit late. Mom said they had a hard time getting a cab going to the airport. But good thing around 1:00 pm they're at the airport already.
By the time we checked-in, turned out that kami nalang ang hinihintay at liliapad na ang eroplano! haha! Whew! 
We were shocked when we saw the plane we will board going to Busuanga airport!!! It was so small! haha! It was my very first time to ride a plane that small. Vina told me what kind of aircraft it was. She's working as a ground attendant for Cebu Pacific so she knows something about those aircraft thingy. 
The view of Coron from the plane was so stunning. I wasn't able to take a photo of it though. :( I was so busy breathing in the sight of the island! 
Anyhoo, when we arrived at the airport, we were greeted by a lady (I don't know her name) and gave us each a souvenir shell neck piece. It's like a welcome token or something.


Calamianes Islands tour and packages took care of our accommodation and tour. Two private vans were waiting for us at the parking area upon arrival. The drivers helped us load our luggages in the van, and wisked us off to Santhalia's Place. Santhalia's Place was our hotel accommodation. It was nice. The rooms were big, clean, fresh and cool. hehe. Infairness I was dozing off just by lying on the bed! Antukin talaga! 


Pati sa lamp shade my picture? hehe. 

Ms. Cheryl of Calamianes Island Tours prepped us, after that we're on the road again for the town tour. Our first stop was Coron Souvenir Shop. You know what's in there na so I don't have to elaborate anymore. But I was a little disappointed cause their key chain souvenirs were priced like gold! haha. Ang mahal lang! 


Lualhati Park:
You get a really nice view of the Sleeping Giant here, it's a huge rock formation and also a really cool view of the sunset. 




Our next destination was supposed to be at Mt. Tapyas, but since we're dead hungry already, we asked the driver to drive us to a local diner first to grab something before our trek. 

For dinner, the four of us, (mom, kuya, me and vina) had pork sisig with fried egg and atchara. 

We were not able to go to Mt. Tapyas anymore cause the van that was supposed to drive us there went back to the airport to fetch another set of tourists. The teachers got mad! Oh my! You don't want them to be mad, I swear! You know how teachers can be like that sometimes... The driver and Ms. Jo, the tourist guide for the day promised to take us there the next day. Oh well. 

On the road

Maquinit Hot Spring: 
This is a must-go-to place if ever you will visit Coron. Your trip will not be complete without going to Lake Maquinit. Local folks told us that it could heal you from any sickness and diseases. Wow. The temperature ranges from 37-41 degrees Celcius. Ang init promise! Tiis ganda lang kasi I have back problem so I really tried to dip and stayed in the water at least 10-15 minutes only. 
Take note: The water is salty that's why the maximum time that you can stay in the water is only about 30-40 minutes cause if you will stay longer, you will be dehydrated. Ask me why. HAHA!

Picture grabbed from Tita Nessa 

Coron Day one was F-U-N!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment