Saturday, September 17, 2016

Have a Little Faith


Sunrise @ Boracay 9.17.16

Some of my friends from college Vina and Kath went to Boracay a few days ago for a quick tour of the island. Vina kept asking me what she should get for me as pasalubong. But since I've been there thrice already, I have basically experienced the famous fine white sand already, ate the freshest sea foods and sipped the most refreshing fruit shakes at Jonah's... And since I know that she just went there with just a few days notice, I do not want to be a burden anymore. If you know what I mean.

So I just asked her to take a sunrise picture of the beach. I was surprised to see more than 10 shots of the beach at sunrise in different angles sent to my messenger! I must have gave her a hard time! haha! She must've thought that I would be choosy and all that so she took all possible angles she could take! Finally I chose this particular one and edited it a little and voila! The colors are more vibrant and vivid.

But anyway this post is not about that. For most people, if you would ask them, which they prefer better, sunrise or sunset. More often than not, they would choose the latter for the reason that sunsets are more romantic. Sunsets are more like this and like that... But I chose sunrise because it signifies, for me, hope. Another day has come to make things better. A new season. To renew the faith that you lost from yesterday's failures and disappointments. 

When things aren't going your way, it's easy to give up. It's easy to say it's over, I can't do it anymore. But the Bible says that each morning, there's new hope and mercy for everyone. Psalms 5:3 says that "Each morning you listen to my prayer, as I bring my requests to you and wait for your reply." CEV He is near to those who trusts Him. He is indeed just a prayer away. Let your faith be bigger than your disappointments. Than your failures. Than your shortcomings.

It's the beginning of a new day. It's the beginning of a new season.



No comments:

Post a Comment