Saturday, February 23, 2013

Like A Thief In The Night

It's been a while. :) I missed my baby. Yup, you read that right. This blog is my baby! I actually promised myself to write here regularly but I guess I'm not keeping that promise to start with. This blog is always on my mind. When I'm on my way to work, when I'm going home from work, when I'm actually working,  I'd think to myself that I haven't visited my blog in a while and I terribly missed it! But anyhoo, I'm taking this little time of mine to write again! :)

Growing up, I've always been the scaredy-cat type. I'm the one who will hide herself inside her blanket and just ignore the beads of sweat running down my neck, I don't care just as long as I'm safe. I don't like horror movies because the moment I watch one, it will stay on my mind for the next 3 or more days! I'm that matatakutin! 

What I'm about to write is something similar to what I've mentioned above. I've been a South girl all my life. I was born and raised in Las Pinas and had all the memories in that city. Until last summer that we moved-in to Cavite. So from last summer until now, I'm now a certified Cavitena minus the bolo and itak! :)

Well this happened last week when both my parents and older brother went to General Santos city to attend our church's annual General Conference. Mikko and I were the only ones left at home. Since I work at night,  he's the one manning the house during the day, and when he's at school, the house is all mine. That went on for about 4 days. Come Saturday, we were reunited. I slept in their (kuya and Mikko's) room just like what I normally do when kuya is not at home. I couldn't sleep that night for some reason. Something inside me is saying to lock our bedroom door, but I just ignored it. I woke up at around 2AM and remembered to turn off the AC since its too cold already. When I stood up, I immediately grabbed the doorknob and pushed the lock just as I turned the AC off. Seconds after I locked the door, I heard the knob turned! It's the kind of sound when you try to open it. I really heard it! Someone wants to enter our room, that's my initial thought. Someone is outside our door, someone broke in the house! I grabbed my cellphone and texted the security guard.
Here's what my text say,

"Kuya, help. May nakapasok po sa bahay namin. Sa Sampaguita st. po.. nakalimutan ko address namin pero sa Sampaguita st. po. Punta po kayo dito."

Bloopers part yung nakalimutan ko address namin sa sobrang takot! My heart was literally skipping a beat as I'm texting. It's as if I just came from running a 100KM race! Really. My heart beat was 90x10 to the nth power as in total TAKOT KO. I prayed and said, "Lord, ayoko pa po mamatay. Gusto ko pa po ikasal. Lord, wag muna po." 
I quickly turned to my brother who is fast asleep then, I told him to wake up and told him someone is outside the door. Someone is inside the house. He said how come? He locked the door before he went up and checked it twice. I said I don't know how it happened but I heard the doorknob clicked, it's as if someone wants to come in. He was calm the whole time! What the?! I'm scared to death that I wanna jump outside the window already and just as I was all kabado and panic mode, he went back to sleep. Wow. 
In my mind, its 2AM for pete's sake! And we're all alone in the house! WHAT IF, someone, a real being is inside the house that time and is ready to do the crime he wants to do, what we're gonna do now? We're dead meat. 

Kuya guard replied. Here's what he said,

"Mam, nag roving na po kami. Wala naman po. Baka aswang yun."

Wow kuya nanakot ka pa ah, Thank you talaga! With that reply, I calmed a bit. But I did not sleep. I prayed in the dark while pressing my ears to the door from time to time. Good thing the wifi was ON. I was thinking to myself, if someone is inside the house, he should've killed the wifi which is placed near the main door. But whatever. I prayed and I was literally wide awake from 2AM onwards. At around 3AM, I woke my brother up again and told him, if the doorknob will turn again, or pag nagpumilit pumasok, let's push kuya's wooden table to block the door and then we will jump from the window, ok? He ok'ed. That's the plan that I made in my head while guarding the door. 

But no sound from the stairs or any weird sound from the first floor that I heard after that doorknob thing. As I was praying and thinking and guarding, I thought, is this how God will come? Like a thief in the night, right? No one knows when, all we can do is be ready and be watchful. Be like a guard. I want to be ready. I want to be watchful. I don't want to be caught in a panic mode. No, no, no.

I was awake from 2AM until I don't know. Come 6:30AM, I woke my brother up. I told him to open the door but first, I grabbed his flute's hard case. Just to be ready if someone's out there, we will have defense. He peeked first, then opened it wide. The little hallway is empty. We turned the lights on, and went downstairs and.... yes, the doors were still locked. NO ONE broke in to our house! 

So what was that sound I heard from the doorknob? 

No comments:

Post a Comment